Get Help Today!
Get A Free PHONE Consultation
Clinical studies and hypnosis proof
Hypnotherapy treatments for IBS is proving to be effective in alleviating symptoms and there is clinical evidence that supports this:
A body of recent research shows that for both children & adults with IBS, hypnosis treatment is highly effective in reducing bowel symptoms and can offer lasting relief for patients who do not respond to usual medical treatments.
- Palsson, O.S. (2015) American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis 58(2) 134-158
- GHT (Gut directed hypnotherapy) improves IBS-related quality of life, is superior to supportive medical treatment alone, and shows a long- term effect in refractory IBS Moser, G (2013) The American Journal of Gastroenterology 108(4)
Professional Hypnotherapy Treatment
What is IBS hypnosis?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition in which stomach pain is associated with a range of symptoms.
Typically, these include intermittent abdominal pain accompanied by constipation, diarrhea, or alternating episodes of both. Other symptoms may also be present.
It is a common functional gastrointestinal (GI) condition with worldwide occurences in 10–15% of the population.
Functional disorders are conditions where there is an absence of structural or biochemical abnormalities on common diagnostic tests, which could explain symptoms.
Of the people suffering IBS (irritable bowel syndrome):-
- 40% of people have mild IBS
- 35% moderate IBS
- 25% severe IBS
IBS Hypnosis Treatment
The aim of the Hypnosis For IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome is to significantly reduce both the frequency of attacks and symptoms by:-
- Making you aware of any specific food triggers
- Fully educating you on gut activity, and general relaxation techniques you can implement
- Preventing unnecessary focus on discomfort in the body by calming the digestive tract
- Focusing on the “miscommunication” between the gut and the brain, which will be therapeutic
- Providing an ongoing and healthy coping strategy.
Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Causes of IBS
The exact cause of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unknown, but most professionals think that it’s related to problems with increased sensitivity of the gut and digestion.
Many causes have been suggested – including infections, inflammation, and certain diets – but none have been proven to directly contribute to IBS.
Facts about IBS
- IBS affects up to 10-15% of people in the world.
- About 66% of IBS sufferers are female.
- IBS affects people of all ages, even children.
- Most people with IBS are under the age of 50.
- The exact cause of IBS is not known, but is a consequence of the way the gut, brain, and nervous system interact. This can cause changes in normal bowel movement and discomfort.
- Stress does not cause IBS. But, because of the connection between the gut and brain, stress can aggravate the condition or trigger symptoms.
- The condition of IBS range from a mild inconvenience to severe debilitation. People with moderate to severe IBS struggle with symptoms that can impair their physical, emotional, economic, and social well-being.
- IBS is unpredictable. Diarrhea can alternate with constipation.
- Treatments are available for IBS to help manage symptoms.
- Nearly 2,000 patients with IBS recently surveyed that diagnosis of their IBS was made 6+ years after the symptoms began.
- Approximately 20 to 40% of all visits to gastroenterologists are due to IBS symptoms.
- IBS can only be diagnosed by a medical professional.
The skills of Linda Milburn, CEO of Hypnocare was recently featured on Nova radio
Listen in on how she hypnotised Nat from the Nova Crew and one of her listeners in overcoming a bad habit
Let Linda personally help you overcome your bad habits, disorders or overwhelming problems
Get In Touch
Hypnocare Hypnosis Clinic Fremantle
Located in Hilton, 3min from Fremantle
Tel: 0409 079 435
Tel: 08 9388 6322
Hypnocare Hypnosis Clinic Mundaring/Midland
Jan – Tel: 0423936933